Immigration Reform Update and I-601 Waiver for 3/10-Year Unlawful Presence Bar
The Biden Administration’s U.S Citizenship Act of 2021 has yet to be introduced in Congress for a vote. Senator Bob Menendez of New Jersey is the lead sponsor of the bill. It provides an earned path to citizenship for certain undocumented immigrants who were physically present in the U.S. on or before January 1, 2021. Another provision seeks to get rid of the 3/10-year unlawful presence bar.
For more information on the unlawful presence waiver, see:
- When do you need an I-601 waiver due to unlawful presence (and how do you get it)?
- What should you do to get an I-601 waiver for unlawful presence?
- Expansion of I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver: What Changed?
- Expansion of I-601A Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver: What Stayed the Same?
- 212(d)(3)(A) Nonimmigrant Waiver: Advantages and Disadvantages
Dyan Williams, Esq.